Where it all begins
Hey there 😊
I'm starting this blog as part of my requirements to become certified in the Holographic Yoga Nidra Energy Healing certification by Syl Carson (Founder of Bodhi Yoga Studio in Provo, Utah). Learn more about the certification here
I received my 200 hour Yoga certification with Syl at Bodhi Yoga and highly recommend the studio for practicing yoga if you live in Utah Valley and the program for anyone looking for a yoga certification (there's online distance learning too!). The energy healing certification is a whole other realm beyond the physical asanas that has been incredible to delve into. I hope some of my thoughts and experiences in this blog will be insightful for you and inspire you in your healing journey.
I've found that I've got a unique view of soul healing and my role assisting people heal emotionally.
That approach found it's way into the blog name all on it's own!
When setting a name and URL for the blog I didn't even think - I just found myself automatically typing "healing journeys within."
Well what do I mean by healing journeys WITHIN?
Usually we are looking for healings in the outside world, for a healing to take place essentially outside of ourselves. We look for someone who can heal us. We look for a session or protocol to help us that is often outward looking, meaning we are looking for someone or something on the outside to fix us on the inside. But true healing occurs not in the hands of a healer, but within your own soul. A doctor can't force your body to heal, but can only provide the right tools and therapies to assist your body in healing ITSELF. The soul is exactly the same. The soul is also self healing, but it doesn't always have the right conditions and sometimes tools are needed to assist in the process. Just as a broken bone might need some help to be set in place for proper healing, the soul could often benefit from tending to the broken places within with effective techniques. But at the end of the day it's the body and soul that heals itself, not the cast or emotional healing techniques.
I'm humbled and honored when those I've worked with call me a "healer" or say that I "healed their soul," but I don't quite see it that way. I'm a facilitator. What do I facilitate? A healing experience, where the soul heals itself along side a higher power that dwells within each of us. 💓
You might be wondering "how does this actually work? What's a session look like?" I'm so glad you asked - the perfect topic for my next post! 😉
Comments
Post a Comment